Video, 33 minutes. The big MPEG-2 file is full DVD quality! The small MPEG-4 file is for iPods and quick streaming.
Please distribute this video widely, by disk copies and by including the correct URL address, www.archive.org/details/INFORMANATION, on handout cards, web pages and in emailings. Note that in the URL the title is all uppercase, but otherwise the title begins with a lowercase 'i' and has an uppercase 'N' in the middle, informaNation.
- BEFORE YOU THINK ABOUT ENLISTING!
- TRUTH IN RECRUITING?
- BE ALL YOU CAN BE--GET THE FACTS!
- KNOW THE FULL STORY!
- IT'S YOUR LIFE--BE FULLY INFORMED.
The truth about the omissions and misrepresentations recruiters use when persuading people to sign up for the military. Recruiters are highly trained salespeople, and they must meet higher recruitment quotas.
An invitation to think about the role of war in our society, and how we need quickly to move away from war as a means of resolving world conflicts.
Featuring veterans and other peace activists in St. Louis: Bud Deraps and Lincoln Grahlfs, World War II vets; Michael McPhearson, Executive Director of Veteran's for Peace, www.veteransforpeace.org
; and JE McNeil, Director of the Center on Conscience and War, www.centeronconscience.org/index.shtml
Alternatives to Military Service Network and Mike Berger wish to thank the producers of "Arlington West" for permission to include portions of their poignant film.
AMSN can provide copies. Email us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Learn about us at: www.amsnetwork.org
- Please distribute "informaNation" widely; and put the URL address on web pages, handout cards, and in emailings!
Conceived by Dorian Hadley and edited by Ben Zweig, both from Webster University. Michael Berger did the final editing.
- Please distribute "informaNation" widely; and put the URL address on web pages, handout cards, and in emailings to anyone who might be considering going into the military!